CALL FOR SUBMISSION: THIS IS NIGERIA ANTHOLOGY
The fact is, writing, deserves much more accolade than it receives. But this is not the time to place blames. This is the moment when we need to echo our voices together into a thunderstorm and break the world into syllables where stronger, healthier and better words can be coined. And this is what we’re doing. Right here! Right now!
‘This is Nigeria’ is our own way of telling the world we’re not blind even when our voices seem subdued. Our portrait of showing the corrupt leaders, though we are down, we are not out. This is our chance of ringing it to their ears that we’re are not part of the ruin profess, we clamour for a reverse engineering, where all things fall into place, so that one day, we would sit back into our couch & tell our children how we fought in making the world they live in a better place. Nigeria is our own world.
The anthology welcomes Poetry, Prose, Photography, Essay and Artwork._ We welcome you, with all of your bliss and pain. The colour is neither white nor black, it’s grey.
1. The theme is ‘This is Nigeria’. You know your story yourself, we can’t write it for you. That’s why we’re giving you the liberty to be whatever you want. Be rest assured that no ‘MURIC’ is coming for you. We have you covered.
2. We cherish brevity here. Be concise with your analysis and points.
– Poem: 30 lines maximum, not more than two poems.
– Prose (nonfiction only): 1,500 words maximum, just one piece.
– Essay: 700 words maximum, just one piece.
– Artwork: 3 paintings maximum.
– Photographs: 3 maximum.
3. In the subject box, write “This is Nigeria Anthology”. Write your name and contact details in the body of the mail and attach your submission in word document format only (doc, docx). No specification on font style and size. Don’t bother sending your picture.
4. Submission closes June 30, 2018. We need you to edit, reedit and even edit again before making submission.
5. Send all submissions to email@example.com
This is all Free. We’re not paying you upon acceptance. We would even love if you could donate a token to support the course. But all things being equal, we promise you an audible voice at no cost.
Organized by ACEworld