FIVE THINGS AND MORE THAT I AM PROUD OF
Being naturally shy and withdrawn, I love to lift my self-esteem from a drowning state to a strong, feel-good-oozing confidence. Growing up, I saw the need to feed my ego with things to be proud of.
These are some secrets to boosting one’s self-confidence: first, I know what I want and second, know what I have accomplished so far. Regardless whether it is an ultimate dream to go to the moon, or a simple day-to-day act of smiling, having things I can be proud of can bring a better perspective on how I look at myself.
Oftentimes, it is not because we are losers and have not achieved anything in our life that we are not proud of our accomplishments, but rather we take for granted the things that we think are ordinary and forget the value of the things we may already have accomplished.
So, I made it a call of duty to start looking around and thinking about the things I can be proud of in the different dimensions of my life. I have made a bucket list my unsung achievements which I read to myself weekly as a reminder that “hey man! You’ve got a lotta achievements! Yo the man!”
ALSO READ: STORY OF A RANDOM PERSON I MET TODAY
There are many things of which I take pride in. If permitted, I’d make a long list of them. But the topic restricts me to JUST ONE THING. It is said that “man is a living thing”. Right?
So, it’s safe to say “I am the thing that I am proud of”. Aye! I am proud of myself.
- For being me.
- For doing me.
- For being my best friend.
- For falling in love with me.
- For discovering myself and basking in the sheer bliss of self-awareness.
- For knowing when to stand root deep like an Iroko and brave the storm, and also knowing when to tuck in my ego, girdle the lions of my strength and flee.
- For losing graciously and winning magnificently.
- For saying NO with a smile.
- For tapping my talents like palm wine tappers taps wine from the raffia palm and consistently flaunting it in the showroom of my voice, sweet fingers and thoughts.
- For throwing open the doors of me and letting in you, even when your toxic opinions, actions, in actions, spoken and unspoken words slaps the door to my face.
- For writing, without fear of disclosing ‘too much’
- For trading paths gods dread to run through.
- For yesterday’s dream, today’s reality and tomorrow’s vision.
FIVE THINGS THAT I AM PROUD OF
Whatever the relation I hold I am very true to it even after I fight with the person. I never forget any person who has made me smile even for a day. Even if they go away, I find my way to send my warm wishes on special occasions. There are many people who don’t talk to me yet I care about them.
My ‘I Don’t Give A Damn’ Positive Attitude:
I have heard a lot about myself. Very mean things. For once I was shattered thinking I am a useless person. My carefreeness is my flaw but my heart is too innocent. I gained myself back forgetting whatever people said I was. Now I have the attitude, not that arrogant one, but yes that “I DON’T GIVE A DAMN” attitude.
I have yet to achieve my best. But I am proud of myself having achieved few things despite of the harshness life showed me. Standing tall after a continuous storm isn’t easy I say. It takes a great deal of courage and will to not give up and reach at a place where people respect you a little. No one will ever know my life completely, they will only know those good things I have at present, but I know myself from the roots and man! I am proud of myself.
My mantra was, is and ever shall be ‘we grow together’. It gives me pleasure to help whoever I can, whenever I can, however I can, wherever I can.
I know I am very easy going. People make fun of me, laugh at me., make jokes on me and I don’t feel bad. I enjoy the company and the jokes. Yes I am a little sensitive when they cross their limit and say something mean but the anger doesn’t exceed for a longer period. I am very gullible but not stupid. Is this something to be proud of? I don’t know yet.DON'T WANT TO MISS UPDATES? JOIN MY MAILING LIST!