It’s no news that Twitter was banned in Nigeria by the Federal Government. This ban has caused a lot of pain to most people especially individuals and businesses that make their living off Twitter.
Now people speculate that the government might end up banning other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc. It’s really a sad experience for us all but we move!
I have decided to share these useful tips to help you save your business in time of crises
- Always collect the contacts of your customers: Make it a habit to collect phone numbers and emails of your customers. You can use their phone numbers for SMS Marketing. You can convert it to a CSV file, upload it to Facebook and target them when running your Facebook Ads. You can do Email Marketing to stay on top mind with your audience. Remember this, all social media platform is a rented apartment. The emails and phone numbers of customers are really what you have.
- Look for ways to trigger repeat business: You can offer discounts to old customers, offer coupon codes, or reward your old customers.
- Always ask for referrals: Referral is gold, but a lot of people don’t utilize it. When someone refers a customer to you, there is no resistance from the prospect and you have a higher chance of closing the sale.
- Have more than one marketing channel: We have Google, you can list your products on Google my business for free, you can use Facebook and Instagram Ads, WhatsApp, Telegram or you can even market your product offline, etc. Want to know how to list your business on Google? Ask me! I can help you do it.
- Earn in foreign currency if you can: Another option is to save your money in dollars, then when you want to invest it, you can convert it back to our currency and use it.
Meanwhile, have you read my new book Poetprenuer? Click here to download a free copy. Yes, It’s free!
Photart by: Artist Victor Ehikhamenor.