Listen to article
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
We made it! Today is the last day of the November Joy Series, where we explored different ways to cultivate joy in our lives. I want to thank you all for journeying with me from Day 1 to today, Day 30. You have been amazing and supportive, and I hope you have learned something valuable from this series.
For our final day, I want to reshare with you a quote by Oscar Wilde, one of my favourite writers. He said:
“Some people cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”– Oscar Wilde
This quote is witty and humorous, but also profound and insightful. It reminds us that we have the power to influence the mood and emotions of others through our presence and actions. We can either be a source of happiness or a source of misery for the people around us.
Which one do you want to be?
Are you the type who carries a cloud of negative energy that makes the atmosphere tense and joyless wherever you go?
Does someone or a group of people dance for joy when you leave their life?
Or are you the one who brings joy along with you and causes laughter to ripple in your presence?
I hope you choose to be a happiness magnet, someone who spreads joy and positivity wherever you go. Someone who makes others feel good about themselves and their lives. Someone who inspires and uplifts others with their words and deeds.
How can you be a happiness magnet?
Here are some tips (read them slooooooowly):
- Smile often and genuinely. A smile is contagious and can brighten up someone’s day. So, smile often. No dey squeeze face like person wey chop shit. E go better, I assure you. You look so much better when you smile. So, smile 😊
- Be kind and compassionate. Life gets tough sometimes. So many people are presently passing through a lot. So many people could use you. So many people could be someone in your life. Show empathy and understanding towards others, especially when they are going through a hard time. You will get the same in return.
- Be grateful and appreciative. Express your gratitude and appreciation to others for their help, support, or presence in your life. In so doing, you get to get more support, favours, and love from them. Gratitude has a way of making the other person feel truly useful, appreciated, and relevant. Moreso, what you give, you get.
- Be generous and helpful. Share your time, talents, or resources with others who need them. Offer your help or assistance without expecting anything in return. Also, while at this, make sure to not waste your kindness on people who belittle you, disapprove of you, or are never appreciative of your kind deeds. In addition, learn to say no when you can’t offer help. It doesn’t make you a bad person.
- Be optimistic and hopeful. Focus on the positive aspects of any situation and look for the silver lining. This is better said than done, but I assure you, it is doable. Whatever the situation, learn to focus on the positives so much that the negatives lose their hold on you. Encourage others to do the same, and help them see the possibilities and opportunities.
- Be authentic and honest. Lying and being deceitful will not only cause people to be dissatisfied with you but will also make your own life miserable. Be yourself and be true to your values and principles. Don’t pretend to be someone you are not or say things you don’t mean. Respect yourself and others. Don’t live a lie.
- Be fun and playful. Don’t take yourself or life too seriously. Learn to bring out the child in you. Have a sense of humour and laugh often. Enjoy the simple pleasures and joys of life. Make others laugh, and have fun with them. Like a child, be carefree, playful, and fun. Life’s not that serious.
These are just some of the ways you can be a happiness magnet. You can also find your own ways to spread joy and positivity wherever you go. Remember, happiness is not something you have; it is something you give. And the more you give, the more you receive.
So, as we conclude the November Joy Series, I challenge you to be a happiness magnet for the rest of this year and beyond. Make it your mission to cause happiness wherever you go, not whenever you go. You will not only make others happy, but you will also make yourself happy.
Thank you once again for being part of this series. I hope you enjoyed it and found it useful. I would love to hear your feedback and comments. Please reply to this email.
Until next month, stay joyful and be a happiness magnet! I love you.